Linux Mint fail

I was finally fed up with this a little idiosyncrasy that my issue gehalten-KDE-based home entertainment center-it me VLC as action handlers specify was DVD would be inserted in the drive, if I.  Instead, it was the most insistent that I use the KDE default Dragonplayer that got kinda confused about where the drive was and could no longer start the DVD.  That was all it took for me to decide, take the time this past weekend rebuild the home entertainment system.  You may recall from a previous article, I discovered Linux Mint 9 not too long ago and really liked it.

I got Linux Mint AMD_64 flash drive and boot the system from which it gestartet.Dies only about 20 minutes should take, I said to myself.  

 Three hours later I gave up and instead installed Ubuntu 10.04 NetBook Edition.Why UNE instead of the Ubuntu desktop version? I like's UNE simple interface and find it suitable for home entertainment use.  It took about 20 minutes to do the installation.

What Mint install wrong, meaning I you questions.  Now, this:  

 The BIOS on the motherboard ASUS M3N78-VM went Psyscho and refused to recall the boot device order.  It seemed too complicated to me: USB drives first, SATA hard drive second.  Clearly contradicted the BIOS update.  So, I downloaded and installed the latest flash Rome.  The BIOS was unclear on the concept of a user specified order.  So, I opened the box and took the drive.  Maybe there was a jumper on it that was confusing the BIOS.  Nope.  So, I start finally figured out to start a power on, press the reset, stick the USB drive in sequence that finally got the system booting Mint off the USB drive. But, it has young, boot slowly...  But it has finally stop booting.  about 28 minutes later.  So, Let's install it on the drive.  Wait, where is the "Install" icon that should be on the desktop?  I went and checked the Linux Mint installation documentation.I don't really need to, I have installed Mint several times before.  Without a hitch, I could hinzufügen.Yep reminded me just as I, it was an "install" icon on the desktop you want to.It was nicht.Also reboot (for the first time: no need no fuss) with the Ubuntu 10.04 UNE USB drive.  As a side note Ubuntu NetBook Edition is available only in the i686 version, canonical seems to offer a 64-bit ISO.  

The only thing worked directly out of the box was HDMI sound but install the PulseAudio sound server packages that fixed.The new entertainment appliance is now up and running, Clementine 0.5 for the streaming music player, Hulu desktop application streaming film and TV content, configure to use VLC for DVD and other video format media (AVI, mpg, mov, WMV), and of course it is connected to the Sony Blu-ray player, 800 Watt Denon AVR-890 amp and Celestion 9 speakers.

Oh, and to prevent the flood of "You idiot!"Hulu is not visible outside the United States of America! ", commented, please note that Hulu is not visible outside the United States of America."Thank you very much.

What in the world is causing problems with installing Mint? I have absolutely no Ahnung.Ich installed Mint without problems on an other ASUS M3N78-VM based system before two Monaten.Ich have it on two laptops without a hitch installiert.vielleicht was just bad karma, but it has history jetzt.Ich'm perfectly happy with the UNE system, so we leave the Mint problem is only one small secrets of life.


View the original article here

0 comments: