UNR 10.10 Maverick Meerkat - Don't touch this!

 

UNR 10.10 Maverick Meerkat - Don't touch this!
Nov 12, 2010, 22 :35 UTC (1 Talkback[s]) (963 reads)

"After being tremendously pleased with Maverick, as it ran superbly on both standard PC and even Mac, and loving the UNR 10.04 Lucid on my eeePC netbook, I figured Maverick Netbook Remix edition could only be a doubly double win for me. And so I tried it.

"I decided to test the distribution on my Asus machine, having no fear my personal data would be harmed, as I have created separate root and home partitions. I downloaded the edition, burned it to a USB stick and let it boot. After a few seconds, I was looking at a whole new concept of UI and I was really liking what I saw.

"This new UI is called Unity and it is based on Gnome. It's supposed to be smart and modern and make good use of resources at hand. Now, UNR Maverick is designed to run on netbooks, i.e. little vertical space. The desktop panels placed on top or bottom encroach on the precious real estate, so we can't have that. Maverick solves the problem by shifting the panel to the left."

Complete Story

Related Stories:
Ubuntu 11.04 Delayed, Release Schedule Changed(Nov 09, 2010)
More Mono apps for next Ubuntu release?(Nov 04, 2010)
Other X.Org Discussions At The Ubuntu 11.04 Summit(Oct 29, 2010)
A Peek Into The X.Org Stack For Ubuntu 11.04(Oct 27, 2010)
What's Next for Ubuntu?(Oct 26, 2010)
Ubuntu moves away from GNOME(Oct 25, 2010)







View the original article here

0 comments: